Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT
(12-27-2019, 05:18 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: The point is how to get the 7'3" skilled guy in for more close range shots to take advantage of his skills.

There is not much point in this, as it's been tried quiet a lot and it did not work, so we have the result already, he is simply not skilled in this sense. It's been either a turnover, stripped ball, bullied away from basket, or a missed shot almost always. In every game it's been the most frustrating thing watching KP posting up, no matter in what style he proceeed after posting up as you mention he tried all the possible moves maybe besides the sky hook, it's ended up pretty bad most of the time. It's not a skill he has in his game.

Whether that will be developed or not, we don't know, it's purely hypothetical. That however would take quiet a while to develop. That does not seem to be injury related at all, he seems fully fit. He simply just does not have the skill of posting up, it's as simple as that, no matter how he uses it in which style or distance to the basket, he is ineffective. I find it interesting they discuss a skill a player does not possess. It would be like discussing JJB's rim protection.

I do find the thought interesting of KP developing a post up game. This would indeed be amazing. But i don't see any indications that this is realistic this season given how terrible he has performed in those situations. Maybe in the next seasons, with a lot of work.

He does have a potential for a different inside game. From pick and roll, alley oops, etc. I agree that getting him the ball in other ways than posting up, close to the basket, this should be tried. But given that he doesnt have a post up game, this is very difficult and since he is doing well from the 3 point land, I fully agree with Carlise that he should be used there, and dont fix what is not broken.

The offense could use another big that actually possess a post up game to complement KP.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT - by burekemde - 12-27-2019, 06:44 PM