Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT
Both sides aren't wrong. I think they all make good points.

TNT guys are basically just saying that KP needs to realize that he's 7'3 and shoot over smaller guys, the same way smaller players use their speed to beat taller guys. That's not asking him to be like a Dirk or a Shaq, that's just asking him to use his height to his advantage.

As for RC, I love the fact that he keeps growing as a coach and keeps adapting to the new NBA. And that's really good for Dallas. We won't be stuck with an old school mentality minded coach. I think he's accepted KP for what he is. He won't be that dominating big man in the NBA so he has to use him differently. You can't just force someone to post up if that's not his game.

As for KP, I know we all want to see him become that elite player now but we've got to be patient. I think everyone should give him a one year pass. I also think it's good that he's not peaking yet and there's still room to improve. I think his midrange jumper will be a lot better next season. If he becomes a solid midrange shooter and get a true starter next season, the team will be ready to contend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT - by donzingis38 - 12-27-2019, 05:10 PM