Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT
(12-27-2019, 04:10 PM)fifteenth Wrote: The following argument does not work for me:

Team A added a top 2 player in the world to a cast that already included a top 3 player in the world and 2 other all stars, and it worked, therefore we should post up.

(12-27-2019, 04:06 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: Well clearly the blown leads and the streaks of low efficiency shooting from their stars indicate that something is less than perfect don't you agree? 

I never said things are perfect. They're far from perfect. The team needs to grow, and handling end game pressure is one of their growth edges.

To be clear, I've got some agreement and disagreement with both sides of what was said.  More in agreement with Coach C. than against but as Kenny said early on and I mentioned the 2 sides were talking around each other in some senses. 

If you keep saying strictly 'Post up' then you miss what Kenny was saying about balancing the ratio better of Inside/Outside shot attempts from KP.   Post up is just ONE type of inside shot attempt. 

I like that KP and Luka both have such a green light for 3 point attempts so I don't really agree with Barkley entirely there.  For that matter I think Embiid who Chuck mentions should keep working on 3's in his mix of plays and he's maybe the best post player in the NBA today.  

It's not only 'Post up' which I think Carlisle mainly addressed but it's about finding the optimal mix of inside and outside shot attempts from a 7'3" star player.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT - by Dahlsim - 12-27-2019, 04:35 PM