Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT
(12-27-2019, 03:59 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 03:23 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: So yes, I'm saying there is a relationship here between blowing big leads fast and lacking inside scoring offense.

The Mavs offense produces a lot of shots close to the basket. I don't think they lack inside scoring.

Well clearly the blown leads and the streaks of low efficiency shooting from their stars indicate that something is less than perfect don't you agree?   Do you the team as perfect?   Big Grin   Kenny Smith said it this way, "well they are 20-10 but its not like they are 24-5 or something". 

I think Dallas has a shot at winning it all, even as soon as this season!  That's why I'm so interested in what can be improved.   

I think the suggesting is simply that's its going great, but it can go better and they are a few warning signs to watch like big leads evaporating very, very quickly, which they saw again just last night against the Spurs. 
In 1/2 court sets, when the defense has managed to slow down their roll, press them or zone them up, wall them off etc. then its you'd like see your big scorers shooting closer to 50% from the field type attempts and maybe getting more free throws to close out runs.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT - by Dahlsim - 12-27-2019, 04:06 PM