Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 117, 76ers 98
Slurr, thanks again! If you start the thread (or if someone does), we can step up and fill in.

My take:

Mavs are starting to play some playoff-style basketball.

1. Porzingis can bang a little! He got hit a lot without getting a single free throw last night. Hardly a surprise in this rigged league. What is surprising is how he responded—amping up the power and taking it to em. Just one game after letting Jaylen Brown repeatedly take his cookies, Kristaps mans up and becomes a cookie taker. That is huge, Mavs fans. And President Zelensky loves his ass.

2. Is it to the point yet at which we all have to consider whether Tim Hardaway, Jr. might be worth that $18 million/year deal? Maybe not quite yet, but let’s admit that date appears to be on the horizon. It’s no longer a resurgent game or week or even month. Neither is it merely taking advantage of balling with Luka. Or poor defenses. Dude is simply killing it. Last night was his 7th game of 20+ points. And he almost got there in the 1st quarter—erupting like a New Zealand tourist attraction. (Too soon?) Meanwhile, Junior’s defensive contributions continue to impress too. Can’t see why, at this point, we’d have any interest in trading him. (Did I just say that?)

3. That bench defense! Wow! Maxi and Delon are just smothering people, jumping passing lanes, and wreaking havoc. I am not going to tire of seeing them defend. Might hafta cheer for giving up offensive boards just so I can see another stop.

Last time I enjoyed a game this much, it ended with a trophy presentation.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 117, 76ers 98 - by Jommybone - 12-21-2019, 02:38 PM