Poll: How many rebounds does the Mavs team as a total get this game? O/U 36.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
71.43%
5 71.43%
Under
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 57: DAL (31-26) vs. SAC (31-24) | 122-114 WIN
(02-11-2023, 09:08 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: If only Christian Wood would accept his role as JET. He is perfect as an off the bench player that comes out and destroys 2nd units giving us a huge advantage. This is an important role, yet he is pouting on the bench and tweeting his shooting percentages and worrying about his counting stats. It’s sad.  

A few people lost their minds because he scored a bit against subs last night.  That's the role.  We all know he can score...always has been able to.  He really isn't doing anything here he didn't do in prior stops (and none of those stops ended well).  

If I were to critique his game last night, my concern was more body language than on-court play.  He looked disconnected (especially in the second half).  I wasn't a fan of Wood taking 8 of the team's next 10 shots once THJ and Irving subbed out in the first half.  But, it was Wood and the Scrubs and it makes sense for him to be the focus of the offense.  Once Luka returns there will at least be one of Luka or Kyrie on the floor to dampen the need for Wood to take that heavy of a load.  Despite the volume, almost all of his shots were in the flow of the O.  I'd question maybe two of his shots.  I also thought he was fairly engaged on the Defensive end with the exception of the last play before he was pulled in the 4th.

He didn't get in the second half until :50 left in the quarter (exactly when Sabonis subbed out).  He didn't seem happy.  First timeout he avoided the dap line and went to the end of the bench.  His last timeout before being pulled is the one where McGee and Morris were talking to him as he was clearly frustrated.  The offensive possession before that he seemed angry at Hardy.  Then, on the defensive end he made no effort to protect the rim against a Fox drive (and he was done for the night).  

My concern immediately after the TDL was his emotional intelligence.  It would make sense for him to be hurt by the reality of his situation.  To his credit, he seemed to try hard and contribute on-court.  But his discontent bled through.  He needs to get that together quickly  Minutes are going to get even tighter once Maxi returns.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • F Gump, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 57: DAL (31-26) vs. SAC (31-24) | 122-114 WIN - by DanSchwartzgan - 02-11-2023, 11:56 AM