Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 15: DEN (9-6) @ DAL (9-6) | 127-99 win
(11-18-2022, 10:57 PM)omahen Wrote: Nice win. 

Denver was playing 3 rookies in the last minutes of a blowout game. Mavs were playing 3 30+ year olds, a 27 year old and a vet in his 6th NBA season.

It´s what the Mavs do. There is no commitment to youth development, although literally all their success comes from the draft: Dirk, Luka, Brunson, Howard. That Hardy was not on the Magic/Wizards back-to-back, the Houston game or the Nuggets without three starters just speaks to the organisational disarray and failure of this franchise. They don´t even have a plan.There is no clear road map for the development of my rookies.

I just pulled up two Firefox tabs. One with the Legends schedule, one with the Mavs schedule.

The Legends didn´t even have a game between Nov 5th and Nov 12th and it still didn´t occur to the Mavs that the Magic/Wizards B2B on Nov 9th/10th could be a good opportunity for him to play some minutes. I really wonder what these coaches/staff do all week. I bet if they gave the ballboy both schedules and 5 minutes, he could figure this out.

You all think it´s a coincidence the only players the Mavs have developed in the last 15 years happened to be during tanking years? Okay god knows Luka and Brunson didn´t need much developing, but you think DFS with his 29% 3pt shooting is still here today, if the Mavs played for wins. They´d have benched him for 35 year old Richard Jefferson like they did Jae Crowder in chase of another 1st round exit.

The funny part is that they then proceed to draft raw talent like Josh Green and Tyrell Terry over ready now rookies like Bey or Bane, while they have absolutely no plan or commitment how to develop these raw players.

This season on the Grizzlies:

23rd pick: 280 minutes
19th pick: 215 minutes
38th pick: 58 minutes
48th pick: 18 minutes
Undrafted: 14 minutes

That´s five rookies for a total of 600 minutes. There is ONE player on the whole Grizzlies roster that is older than 27! 

Compared to the Mavs:

37th pick: 10 minutes.

Geez I wonder why the Grizzlies have more success with young players. They have five rookies playing 600 minutes. We have one playing 10 minutes in a month.

That´s also a culture. The Grizzlies view rookies as investment to success. The Mavs view them as distraction to success.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • ballsrchr, Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 15: DEN (9-6) @ DAL (9-6) | 127-99 win - by Mavs2021 - 11-19-2022, 05:19 AM