Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 13: LAC (8-7) @ DAL (8-5) | 103-101 win
(11-16-2022, 02:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Am I the only one who remembers how Turner spoke out about hating that he was just being used as a spacer? That he wanted to be involved and featured in the offense? I think this was at least part of why they traded Sabonis, tbh. 

In many ways, I think Turner/Wood is similar to Powell/Wood, tbh. Sure, Turner is more of a shooting threat (not as good as advertised, if you watch him) but of the three players in question, Turner is probably the slowest and Powell is probably the quickest when it comes to moving his feet on defense. Plus, Turner is always either hurt or causing some type of drama.

I'm just not into it, personally.

Current Jazz are a good example for a team that takes full advantage of two bigs that can both shoot from 3. And if one of them (Markkanen/Wood) can also face up from the perimeter it gets even better. Creates a lot of space in the paint.

I remember the Turner/Sabonis topic. I actually don´t think that Turner/Wood would be as one sided as Turner/Sabonis. Wood can space the floor. Sabonis couldn´t. Meaning that they could switch it up and involve both. Not to mention that in a small sample size Turner performed really well in a more featured role. This season his offense has been better than Wood´s. 17.9ppg on 65.6% TS. 
Agree that his health is a major question mark. But depending on the price it might be worth it.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 13: LAC (8-7) @ DAL (8-5) | 103-101 win - by dirkfansince1998 - 11-16-2022, 02:54 PM