Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 13: LAC (8-7) @ DAL (8-5) | 103-101 win
(11-16-2022, 01:52 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Again last night -15 in the Wood solo-big minutes.  His with-Maxi and with-Powell minutes were great.  It makes me think we need another floor spacing big as much as we need another ball-handler.

I knew this was coming, because that was the lineup for the worst parts of that 3rd quarter meltdown. In a sense, you can pinpoint Kleber going out of the game as the moment when things started to go wrong. 

However, I could be wrong, but as I was watching that stretch I had the impression that the offense was the issue (at least in this particular situation) and not so much the defense. There were loads of unforced errors, bad turnovers and just a general lack of organization on offense that put the defense in a zillion bad situations. To be fair, a lot of that was Wood's fault. 

I don't know the answer to your question, but when I hear people like Zach Lowe say the answer is to play Wood at the 5 and see what happens, I agree. I am sure these numbers got nuked by last night's game, but he seemed to analyze the data in a such a way as to suggest it's not Wood at the 5 that sucks, it's Wood at the 5 with Luka AND Dinwiddie BOTH on the floor that sucks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 13: LAC (8-7) @ DAL (8-5) | 103-101 win - by KillerLeft - 11-16-2022, 02:13 PM