Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 13: LAC (8-7) @ DAL (8-5) | 103-101 win
(11-16-2022, 11:16 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Far from a hater and I agree that Powell is great in that role but I would also say this kind of ignores the fact that defenses can't try to blitz Luka with a trap when Wood is the screener because they know he's a real offensive threat.

Well, I agree in principle, and I'm all for working Wood into the team's plans more, and faster. In theory, his ability to score from all three levels should make this an even more effective tactic. 

I just think there might be a little more involved between the ears with understanding what to do in those situations than maybe Wood has caught up to yet. But, to be fair, we haven't had a chance to see him in that situation, so far. 

Still, we have seen an unreal amount of unforced errors from Wood in less "pressured" situations. I don't know how many of those silly "start moving with your pivot foot on the drive" traveling calls we're going to have to watch before he learns, for example. I think we're at 4-5 already. 

I'm just saying...maybe there's some teaching going on in practice, and maybe the coaches are just as excited  as we are to get him out there more. Maybe they're even just as disappointed as we are that it hasn't happened more quickly.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 13: LAC (8-6) @ DAL (7-5) | Nov 15, 7:30 pm | Mavs 6.5 pt Vegas favs - by KillerLeft - 11-16-2022, 12:24 PM