Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win
Nice win!  Recall that most of us were nervous about this game as Toronto was on a tear.  Yet, once again, we managed to get up by 20 on a good team.  And, once again, we managed to give most of that lead away.

I thought about voting for McGee for the Dirkie.  His brief stint had good energy and he made some nice plays.  If he can do that consistently, his spot on the team isn’t a total waste.  Unless we eventually get to a point where Wood (and Maxi) are starting, I’d like Powell and McGee to be interchangeable depending on opponent.  Tonight was a step in that direction.

High minute man for the game was Dinwiddie at 38?  His confidence and role appear to be growing.  Dinwiddie’s and Green’s minutes continue to rise.  THJ got 20 and Maxi got 16.  

The team continues to view Wood as a PF (or continues to protect/limit his minutes as a solo-big).  We saw effective time when Wood was with both Powell and McGee.  That is encouraging as it means Wood doesn’t have to strictly be paired with Maxi to be effective.  His solo-big minutes were the bulk of his -6 +/-.

I knew the outcome of the game by the time I got to watch it.  It is tempting to say the 4th quarter letdown was the product of taking our foot off the gas or whatever cliche you want to employ.  But watching it, it just seemed we weren’t making shots.  We were 1 of 8 from three for the quarter, yet still hit .364 for the game on 12 of 33 shooting.  Thankfully Luka and SD got to the rim enough to hold on.  Another bad shooting night for Bullock.  That Green as a starter prediction may come true sooner that I anticipated.  We have got to get more from our “shooters”, yet we have had sizable leads in the 4th quarter of every game.
[-] The following 5 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick, HIMAV, KillerLeft, mvossman, Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-05-2022, 07:47 AM