Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
(10-07-2022, 12:17 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Picking one nit:

I think most NBA teams make decisions in two different realms:  (1) Contract negotiations, and (2) Playing time.

Front-office people are primarily involved in realm 1, although coaches have a fair amount of input, particularly when it comes to assembling the right set of skills.

Coaches are primarily involved in realm 2, although front offices might have some small amount of input as well.

When coaches want to win a game, I don't really think they consider how much a player is making.  It's irrelevant to achieving their primary goal.

...except in terms of losing a player, or even the whole locker room. I do think that the hierarchy of pay plays out in a locker room. Monta was butthurt at how much Chandlers Parsons was making in comparison to him when Monta was the clear pseudo-Robin to Dirk at that point. 

I think the fact that the Mavs' locker room tolerates Powell's ludicrous salary must speak volumes about what a likeable and respect-worthy dude he must be. He certainly comes nowhere near deserving it in basketball terms.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win - by Scott41theMavs - 10-07-2022, 12:21 PM