Poll: How many threes do the Mavs make this game? O/U 14.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
60.00%
6 60.00%
Under
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: UTA (1-1) vs. DAL (1-1)| 104-110 WIN!!!!!
(04-19-2022, 10:46 AM)mvossman Wrote: To be clear, I did not reduce Powel to screens and defensive organization.  I am merely commenting on the arguments Kam used for why we should prioritize Powell over Maxi.

Fair enough. That's the danger of jumping in mid conversation. I'm glad they have different skill sets. 

(04-19-2022, 10:46 AM)mvossman Wrote: Also to be clear, I don't think I have a blind spot when it comes to Powell.  He is a quality rotational player just like Maxi.  I think both are better coming off the bench with minutes in the low 20s.  He brings energy and BBIQ as well as high quality rim running.

I do think folks go a little over board on his defense.  He is a defensive 4 getting somewhat miscast as a 5.  He and Kidd are making it work (to a degree) but you are getting everything he brings from Maxi in addition to rim protection, which in my mind is at least as important as P&R defense from your 5.

Fair enough, again. The only place where I don't see things exactly like you do, and the place where I was trying to joke a bit in my first post, is that I don't think Powell is a 4 in the current NBA. I do think Maxi can play 4 or 5, but that Powell is better left at the 5 (in the current game). I also don't think Maxi gives you everything Powell does, nor do I think Powell gives you everything that Maxi does. 

I actually wasn't trying to take a side in the discussion you guys were having, I was responding to your part with conversations from the past in my head about Powell and about what kind of center the Mavs need.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 2: UTA (1-1) vs. DAL (1-1)| 104-110 WIN!!!!! - by fifteenth - 04-19-2022, 10:58 AM