Poll: Who ends up with more points?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka
83.33%
5 83.33%
Porzingis
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 78: DAL (48-30) vs. WAS (34-43)| 103-135 loss
Mavs laid a stinker.  It happens.  LIke the Charlotte game, the other team played really well too.   Combination of them really hitting their shots and less then ideal defensive attention.  Oh well.  

I thought KP looked good last night.  Engaged and Washington fans should be excited to see how he fits in there.  The big question will be his health, but seeing how he played last night was how I wanted to see him play here.   It always seemed for whatever reason that the fit was never natural here.    Even when it looked pretty good, it never seemed natural imo.   The question of why is one I don't have the answer for.

Seeing how we have played with KP and after makes me wonder if another offensive focused player will really thrive here.  I thought we needed one of these guys (mainly a PF type), but i am not sure now.   I think both Brunson and Dinwiddie (Dinwiddie has picked this up fast) understand you will need to fit in and make some sacrifices playing with Luka.  There will be times for 5 minutes on the court where you won't get much time with the ball.  This, at times, is not a fun way to play when you are used to having the ball.   Now, Playing with Luka does bring a lot of other benefits as well.   

So, if targeting another guy who will get you 22 points per game is not the guy who will bring maximum benefit, maybe the right direction is a defender/rebounder type who can impact games besides scoring.   Gobert would be the top here.   Maybe John Collins (less defense and he may want a bigger role on offense too) or Myles Turner (less rebounding and not much rim running) could also be options.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 77: DAL (48-30) vs. WAS (34-43)| 103-135 loss - by Chicagojk - 04-02-2022, 08:17 AM