Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Donnie Nelson sues Dallas Mavericks
(03-23-2022, 12:22 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Thanks for clearing that up and I'm seeing now that Donnie was actually the one calling it a lifetime contract and the Mavs actually dispute that saying he was "an employee at will".

Wouldn't that still speak to the idea that this was more about getting a raise and not the Mavs doing everything they could for another decade of Donnie?

I’m sorry. I don’t understand the question. I assume (but don’t know) that Donnie was like pretty much everybody else in the world, looking for long-term, guaranteed money if/when it was available. As a Notre Dame fan who just watched his coach jump ship for that very thing in Baton Rouge, I would call it unsurprising that Donnie seems to have wanted more per year and a guaranteed number of years. 

Is that what this whole thing was about? Clearly no. Perhaps it is what motivated the conversation in the beginning. But the 52M settlement offer didn’t involve Donnie working for the Mavs, so that’s certainly not what I think of as a raise. 

But you seem to be asking something different than this—and I’m not sure I am following.

And by the way, you all are very welcome for whatever insight I can add. But please keep in mind (for down the road when it turns out way different than whatever you and I are thinking right now) that I’m just guessing like the rest of you.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson sues Dallas Mavericks - by Jommybone - 03-23-2022, 03:15 PM