Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Donnie Nelson sues Dallas Mavericks
(03-20-2022, 08:32 AM)Jommybone Wrote: RBWS, not sure how to respond, but here goes. When I was 22 and in need of cash, I signed up for a pharma study that was 24/7 for something like 10 days. On the first day they were just qualifying us all, and I got to know a few of my cohorts while waiting in line to get poked and prodded. 

After about 6 hours of that, I came back from my one-on-one visit with the study doc. I told one of my new amigos something like, “That wasn’t much fun.” And he said something non-committal back.  So I got more specific and said, “I really didn’t enjoy the rectal exam.” He looked at me like I was crazy and said, “They gave you a rectal exam?” I replied, “They didn’t give you a rectal exam???!!!”

So my “buddy” goes up and down the waiting line, “Did they give you a rectal exam?” “You?” “You?”

Nope, just me.

I went and asked at the nurse’s station why I was the only one who got a rectal exam. She said she’d ask the doctor. 5 mins later she came out and announced that I was dismissed from the study and that the doctor was “coming back to give everyone a rectal exam.”

I got the hell out fast as I could while my compatriots stared daggers at me from all directions. 

No joke. Kansas City. 1991.

Crazy.  I think the common denominator is people become intoxicated by their power positions and do or say things they otherwise wouldn't, or get away with it because of their authority.

The worst part of your story is that by you telling someone of his unethical behavior, the doctor, the perpetrator, is rewarded by getting to finger bang a room full of other people.  Meanwhile, because you told, there's a room full of guys who wrongly hate you for putting them in the same position.

It's maddening.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson sues Dallas Mavericks - by RasheedsBigWhiteSpot - 03-20-2022, 01:52 PM