Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Sabonis+Lamb+Holiday+2nd to SAC | Haliburton+Hield+Tristan to IND
(02-09-2022, 05:55 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I just don’t think the Kings have the same goals as us. They probably aren’t really thinking about trying to build a title contender. They just want a nice 45 win team that plays with professionalism and gives people a reason to come out to the arena on a Friday night. They don’t want to bottom out to get better, and they don’t care if their ceiling is average, middle of the pack NBA team. Sabonis is a solid dude, guaranteed to go for 20 and 10 with hyper efficiency on a nightly basis.  If you can put a few average players and solid professionals around that, you can win 45 games in this league.  It’s not what I’d aspire to, but I understand it.

I think the Kings have done a nice job with their roster.  They have a ton of talent.

Haliburton
Fox
Barnes
Holmes
Mitchell
Hield
Harkless
Bagley
Metu
Davis 
Len
Jones
Thompson

And all that talent led them to a 20-35 record including a 53 game drubbing by the Celtics all of which Haliburton started in.  I know people like to dunk on the Kings but if Haliburton was THAT DUDE, the Kings would have a much better record.  It just feels like NBA Twitter and media are way overreacting to this trade.  Maybe Sabonis is undervalued since there is always a tinge of European bias in NBA circles.   Based on the reactions, you'd think the trade was for someone like Davis Bertans instead of a two-time all-star.

Or maybe I'm just wrong.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • hakeemfaan, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Sabonis+Lamb+Holiday+2nd to SAC | Haliburton+Hield+Tristan to IND - by cow - 02-09-2022, 07:19 PM