Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Sabonis+Lamb+Holiday+2nd to SAC | Haliburton+Hield+Tristan to IND
(02-09-2022, 04:52 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Sabonis is pretty young too. So I don’t know if I will classify this as strictly a desperate move for short term relevance. They have clearly made an appraisal on the ceiling of Tyrese and feel that the team would be better off with Sabonis.

Now I disagree with that evaluation (and from your posts looks like you do too) but time will tell whether Sac made the right choice.

I agree both are young, both can play at high level at least 8 years. That's far more than a team can hold onto players in general. Sabonis is a clearly better player right now. Today Kings have won the trade. In future Indy may win it if Haliburton develops into a better player than Sabonis. But something people forget fast is the years that players develop where they were not at the top level. If Sabonis is better player for next 3 years, that is definitely something to take into account, thats 3 years that Kings had the better deal of the trade.

I love the game of both players. How they develop will be the story of this trade. One thing that nobody mentions is how much Sabonis can develop as well, it's not only Haliburton that can do that. Everyone speaks about the ceiling of Haliburton due to the few years of difference. But Sabonis is really young as well, and keeps improving, his trajectory is only going up IMO, I see plenty of similarities with Jokic some years back.

(02-09-2022, 05:06 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/statu...1709809667

Another trade? You mean like Sabonis to Dallas trade that sends KP and THJ to the Kings?
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Sabonis+Lamb+Holiday+2nd to SAC | Haliburton+Hield+Tristan to IND - by burekemde - 02-09-2022, 05:08 PM