Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
I'm in the minority, but I gotta speak up here.

While I appreciate the contributions of ML, I find it ironic that he writes eloquently about the desire to be able to express thoughts in whatever way one wishes (including deliberately agitating others, if he feels like it), but then has decided to leave the board because of the words of Kamm that he doesn't like because he felt agitated by those words. That's all it is.

By the standard you use, so should you be judged, it is said.

I see Kamm has stepped up like a man. From the very first minute that ML misunderstood Kamm's meaning, Kamm clarified and apologized very clearly. Very. Multiple times, even, when ML kept regenerating the wrong idea to gain sympathy. (Ignoring an apology and clarification, and acting like the offensive words are actually intended, is really disrespectful and self focused. Good grief.)

Feelings got hurt, I get it, but pride is a hard master when it becomes our priority over people. C'mon, ML, you're better than that as a person (I hope) - a key part of life is learning to forgive others when they OFFEND us.

God forgives us, in the way we choose (or refuse) to forgive others, says the Bible.

I would hope to eventually see ML take actual personal pubic responsibility for his agitation of Kamm. There was an intent to annoy, ML has said. Unfortunately for the forum, he feels that was okay, even though his words over time did damage to another. "I'm sorry YOU did ____" is not a real apology at all, as I'm sure you know - seeing and labeling MY actions as a wrong choice that led to a bad consequence, and apologizing for MY part in creating the end result, that's the missing step needed.

Pride goes before the fall, said a very wise man long ago. 

That's my unasked for 2c.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread