Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
What a bummer and what a waste.

Mavsluvr: Is there any chance to keep following you? Is there another board or anything where you regularly post or would consider to publish recaps and stuff? I know you won't tell us which media person you are, but maybe you can give us a little hint, haha.

Like many others said: I hope that one day, you will be able to change your mind and come back, in whichever form. I realize, how energy-consuming it must have been to keep writing those extensive recaps and all your througful responses. To be honest, I always feared you might get sick of it sooner or later and I really admire how you could keep this level up for so long. You were and are greatly appreciated by me and by others, as I am sure.

Which brings me to some more general thoughts regarding this whole mess:

Obviously, there's always not just one person to blame. I can see, how your style of writing can (and like in kamm's case) can trigger and upset people - eventually, your biggest strength, your uncanny abilitiy to not just write interestingly and informative but also entertaining and funny, became the reason for your downfall. I personally enjoyed all of it, I love this style, your way of humour and your eloquence.

In the end this is just my opinion and others, especially the moderators including kamm, will disagree: Running off a poster (we can debate on how or why this happened but in the end, this is the result) because some people can't differentiate between real life and an internet board, is a really bad idea because of the kind of precedent it sets. From my perspective, posters can from now on become open game for censoring if somebody just dislikes what they are saying. This is essentially what happened here. Mavsluvr did not violate any rules on this board and if people are not willing nor able to contend with differing opinions in an adult manner, then the whole purpose of a message board is undermined and let ad absurdum.

If you can't handle disagreements, a light hearted-banter and the occasional not 100% PC statement then what's the point of posting and reading here anyway? I know that in kamm's mind, this all got over the top and I am seriously downplaying "what mavsluvr did to him" but in reality, I have not seen one single poster (outside of his fellow moderators) who agree with his perception and recollection of past events. So I agree with mavsluvr that there is some serious double standard going on and some people should just learn to deal with confrontations. It's the logical result of any intellectual interaction, to find out about differing opinions and learn. Learning is painful but it's inevitably in any fruitful environment. I thought we had this here, but this whole story really makes me question it.

And this is the saddest part - not mavsluvr leaving, me calling out some posters which I REALLY like (including kamm) and not me being disappointed by this whole affair - the part of me (and I fear others too) questioning the culture of this board. If we don't want this community to deteriorate, we should seriously think about all this and make some changes. Might be we need new rules, clearer rules or something else. Maybe we should just all chill out a little more, idk. But this can not just go down as "it is what it is" followed by business as usual.

I realize I could just also leave if I don't like it here (while probably nobody will use the word anymore going forward, lol) but I hope everybody can see that I am this blunt because I actually care about this place. I also hope this is not verboten as well. But like I said, some things have to hurt. Nothing worth having comes easy, and that also includes having (or rather keeping) a great message board.
[-] The following 3 users Like meistermatze's post:
  • hakeemfaan, Hogmelon, ItsGoTime
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread