Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
(01-15-2022, 02:46 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I also apologize for not trying to navigate that instance. In my head I was being told to say something, but I couldn’t figure out the right words to calm the situation down and be impartial to both posters. I absolutely LOVE both posters contributions to this community and didn’t want to screw up and say something wrong to either. 

From my seat I saw what HF said (GREAT post by the way) too. There was fault on both sides and I thought less of the “or you can leave (on your own accord, not by me banning you)”. That’s how I read the statement, and seems how Kamm meant it. I can see how it put mavsluvr on an island though.

Anyway, for my part in this, I apologize to both involved and the forum. I think in the future we should probably just ask the posters to take it to pm’s if you want to continue with this.

Thanks, IGT, you’re a big man, although I wouldn’t say you really deserve that kind of blame. I would imagine that most mods who saw the posts evolving might have been a little surprised at the strong language, but probably hoped that the situation would die down of its own accord, and felt reluctant to intervene at that point. I don’t think anyone expected the situation to escalate as quickly as it did (certainly, I didn’t!), and by the time that became clear, the damage had already been done. 

My purpose in explaining my decision was not to try to wrench apologies out of posters  who were only peripherally involved, if at all. Just suggesting that now that people are alerted to a certain level of volatility on the board, it might not be amiss if the mods didn't feel quite as constrained to keep their hands off in this type of case

Thanks again. 
[-] The following 2 users Like mavsluvr's post:
  • burekemde, Hogmelon
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread