Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Lineup: Actual vs Proposed
(10-03-2019, 03:59 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 03:33 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 03:18 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 03:06 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Based on all the talk it looks like I'll be wrong about DP coming off the bench, but we'll see.

I'm really worried about this for two reasons.

Reason #1: Five out offense is superior and Dwight can only hit an open shot when the team is tanking.

Reason #2: Dwight can't defend the perimeter or defend the rim.

I agree with your point on defense.

On offense I think the combo of KP's elite perimeter shooting and DP's elite rim running would impossibly stretch a defense, pulling them both towards and away from the basket, which then opens up all kinds of space for Luka Magic

I just don't feel that Luka, KP, and Dwight will be able to interact in a consistent way on offense, that will involve all 3 of them, that will be worth having him out there over other options.

It will be like Miami with Lebron/Wade/Bosh (not that Dwight is that good) where inevitably, 1 or 2 of them will just be standing there. If someone is going to be standing there, I want them to be able to hit an open jumper, or make up for it on defense.

On offense I imagine the beautiful basketball that JJB, DP and Dirk were able to produce at times on the death lineup. Sub Luka in from old men JJB and Dirk, and think Death Lineup turned up to 11.

(10-03-2019, 04:23 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 04:08 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Powell will be constantly faking a rim roll or will be rim rolling...he doesn't need to be passed too on every play for him to suck in the defense opening up space for others including a whole lot of Luka Magic...

That puts him in Luka's driving lane. I know most here aren't going to agree with me on this.

I look at it in a similar way to how having Lopez allowed Giannis that much more room to get in to the paint.

The deal is that they don't do the same thing every time down the court. Luka will pass to rim runners. That will be a part of the offense. You don't eliminate rim running because Luka needs driving lanes. Sometimes there will be a series of actions, a high screen, a back pick, a rim roll, ect., all of which can receive a pass at times, or all the action clears space and then Luka drives. Or, they run a play where Luka drives right a way and there's isn't much initial action. Things just aren't as one dimensional as "rim running takes away Luka's driving lanes".
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting Lineup: Actual vs Proposed - by Jym - 10-03-2019, 02:34 PM
RE: Starting Lineup: Actual vs Proposed - by fifteenth - 10-03-2019, 04:23 PM