Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 7.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
9 100.00%
Thunder
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 36: DAL (18-18) @ OKC (13-23) | 95-86 win
(01-04-2022, 11:21 AM)omahen Wrote: I don't remember it that way. There was no talk about it in the preseason, when Mavs went on that 4-0 run. On the contrary, we can find many "this season will be awesome takes" with "Luka in best shape and KP with full summer of preparation". It started with bad Mavs plays and the more they were losing the more it was increasing. It culminated with McMahon piece a month or so ago. Than the commentators have been on it.

(01-04-2022, 11:35 AM)omahen Wrote: Why don't we have a look at some quotes from the DAL wins prediction thread (no one had anything to say about Luka being fat):

Mavsfan12: Doncic is in shape and ready to slay.

ThisIsTheYear: These guys look good, fit, and deep and they have the second best player in the NBA.

Fifteenth also seemed to be enthusiastic at the time: Luka now should be better than Luka past (not necessarily related to weight though)

It's not hard to find quotes where I'm positive!!  Big Grin  I pretty much default to hope, and don't start chriping about what's wrong until it's pretty clear to me. 

Anyway, it's probably easy to find takes that skew in many different directions in all the threads. But I think Luka's weight was a topic really early on. 

This is a pretty silly rabbit hole, but now I want to go look...
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 36: DAL (18-18) @ OKC (13-23) | 95-86 win - by fifteenth - 01-04-2022, 11:52 AM