Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.0 pt RAPTOR favs & 3.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
33.33%
3 33.33%
Bucks
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 31: MIL (21-13) @ DAL (15-16) | 95-102 loss
(12-23-2021, 11:02 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think Voulgaris was onto something in his Twitter fight with Cuban, personally. 

I think they are expending a lot more energy on defense than they used to, and I think they are learning a new (inferior?) offensive system that has them expend more energy before the open looks are created. 

I think this is why DFS has been the first to show any sign of adjusting, because he is impeccably conditioned and more accustomed to that level of energy expenditure.

Bullock, Ntiilikina, Sterling, DFS missing many good looks cannot be explained away by having to play defense. These guys were supposed to be good defenders.  

The reality is that none of these guys are consistent 3 pt shooters. Bullock before last year seemed to be going down. Maybe last year was an outlier. Same with Sterling Brown. DFS was trending upwards and when all is said and done might be back to his career average. 

Also as I have said previously many times our so called superior offense laid an egg in a home loss to the Clippers with a chance to win the series. Our so called superior offense was so good that RC was throwing sht on the wall with Burke and Boban once he realized that the Clips could do small ball better than us. 

Instead of comparing the past and the present offenses let us start with a realistic evaluation of the shooters on this team and the answer is clear as to why this team struggles. There is not one in this group who any GM in the NBA will categorize as a deadeye shooter. Seth is still shooting above 40% while playing for a coach whose offensive schemes have been questioned before. Let’s say these guys don’t play a lick of defense and I had a choice to pick someone to make a 3 with my life was on the line. Even in that scenario even if they were shooting close to their careeer averages there are many I would pick ahead of any of these guys. 
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 31: MIL (20-13) @ DAL (15-15) | Dec 23. 7:30 pm | Mavs 1.0 pt favs & 3.0 pt dogs - by hakeemfaan - 12-24-2021, 08:35 AM