Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
(12-22-2021, 11:01 AM)fifteenth Wrote: They have a chance to sign him to a second contract.

And here is where the problem is. They only have a chance. If at least his contract would be such that he would be RFA, which would give them much higher level of control (original big mistake they made). Are you even certain Brunson is worth what will likely be his market value (lets say this is 15 mil per)? At the end of the day, Mavs are building around Luka. 

(12-22-2021, 11:01 AM)fifteenth Wrote: They made a great draft pick. They helped him to develop into a really good player. They have a chance to sign him to a second contract. We shouldn't mistake our amature cap management for the real thing.

I agree they made a great pick and that he is a good player. But I think it was clear without expicitly saying it, that my comment relates to the team building perspective, not judging their draft ability or Brunson as a player. I think it also should be clear that what I write is my opinion and you are free to disagree. I think I am allowed to have my opinion, even if I am, according to you, an amature cap manager. And my opinion on this specific topic is, that Mavs put themselves in a situation, where there are a lot of possible bad outcomes for them in the long term and only a couple of good ones.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by omahen - 12-22-2021, 11:23 AM