Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
(12-21-2021, 04:34 PM)cow Wrote: I don't think people realize how bad this team is now.  This is barely a play-in team.  You don't have the assets to overcome the roster challenges nor the cap space if you could attract free agents if there were good free agents on the horizon.  If you want to tear it down to the studs, the rosiest of outcomes would be to put a good product in 24-25.  

-Draft someone good in the lottery this year.
-Use what little assets (Brunson) you have to recapture your '23 pick or another '23 pick.  Bullock + JB + SRP(s) for Kemba  + our owed pick.
-Draft someone good in the lottery in '23
-Look for the best pennies on the dollar deal for KP.  You'll never get back what you invested in him but maybe you could get a youngster with potential or a FRP.  
-Move THJ to one of the teams that showed interest in him and try to extract some value.  
-Hope Nico has his legs under him for the '23 and '24 free agency classes.

I have zero faith that the MBT could successfully pull a rebuild off.  I'm also completely certain that they will stay on this treadmill of mediocrity.  The only question mark I have is when Luka is going to ask to be traded.

I don't fully agree with your assessment of this team, but I am good with just about all of these moves.  I would probably go ahead and extend DFS as part of this.  My one comment is that there is no hurry to move KP.  We wont have cap space next offseason and there is not much of a free agent class anyways.  We can potentially wait a year and a half before dumping KP.  Maybe he stays healthy and builds some value.  If nothing else his contract will be expiring.  The same applies to THJ.  With his declining contract he will potentially have more value in a year and a half as well.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by mvossman - 12-21-2021, 04:56 PM