Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
(12-21-2021, 04:17 PM)mvossman Wrote: I feel like folks don't realize how much worse this team is if we simply remove KP.  I'm not sure what the value is of bringing it back sans KP as an over the cap team that can't even spend the MLE.  At that point you might as well tear it down to the studs.  Then what?  Tank?  How are we going to do that with Luka?  The free agent class coming up is bleak.  If we are going to tear it down, might as well wait one more year when we only have Luka, DFS and KP option on the books.  Then you can go crazy in a hopefully much better FA class, and you didn't have to burn any assets to dump players.

I don't think people realize how bad this team is now.  This is barely a play-in team.  You don't have the assets to overcome the roster challenges nor the cap space if you could attract free agents if there were good free agents on the horizon.  If you want to tear it down to the studs, the rosiest of outcomes would be to put a good product in 24-25.  

-Draft someone good in the lottery this year.
-Use what little assets (Brunson) you have to recapture your '23 pick or another '23 pick.  Bullock + JB + SRP(s) for Kemba  + our owed pick.
-Draft someone good in the lottery in '23
-Look for the best pennies on the dollar deal for KP.  You'll never get back what you invested in him but maybe you could get a youngster with potential or a FRP.  
-Move THJ to one of the teams that showed interest in him and try to extract some value.  
-Hope Nico has his legs under him for the '23 and '24 free agency classes.

I have zero faith that the MBT could successfully pull a rebuild off.  I'm also completely certain that they will stay on this treadmill of mediocrity.  The only question mark I have is when Luka is going to ask to be traded.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by cow - 12-21-2021, 04:34 PM