Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
(12-21-2021, 04:05 PM)omahen Wrote: I doubt anyone would just take Bullock (or similar) for free. Even if they do, it is a lost asset. Yes, the loss is lower than losing DFS/Brunson, but Mavs would also just lose another option to improve the team. Because once the trade will need to happen, it will have to be one of those DFS/Brunson contracts on the table, as there will not be much else left.

If nobody wants the guy, how is it a lost asset? I mean, I agree in the sense that we can criticize using the MLE on him in the first place, don't get me wrong. But, at some point, our eyes need to go forward, to the future. 

I'm under no illusions that there's a way to "fix" all of this in one TDL and summer, but from where we are now, today, I feel like maneuvering so that DFS and Brunson can be kept (or used to full value) while staying under the tax line would be a good sign that the new management has a clue. It's just my opinion.

At this point, there are so many players on this roster who "can't be traded because their value is too low right now" that I wonder whether some people think they're watching a basketball team or a used car dealership. Just admit the last decade was a disaster and move on, already, MAVS!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by KillerLeft - 12-21-2021, 04:12 PM