Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
I don't think Cuban wants to pay the tax ever again, but to be clear, I wouldn't expect him to do so next year anyway.  I feel like it would be borderline irresponsible. 

What I think a good outcome might look like is to either re-sign DFS and Brunson (both of whom are unquestionably on the short list of players helping the team effectively) to continue playing here or to use them to some effect that could potentially benefit the team. 

Since we know the tax line is a likely deterrent, it seems like some of the deadweight will have to be dumped in order to make the above paragraph possible.

To me, if DFS and Brunson are gone next year while KP, Powell, Bullock and THJ remain, that will be a bad outcome. If one or more of those players are artfully removed in such a way that DFS/Brunson can be re-signed, traded or sign-and-traded for quality additions, I might recoup some hope.

Further, Powell's short remaining contract status should make him movable, imo. KP has played much better this year than last, so getting off of him seems more possible than it did months ago, too. And THJ, I'm convinced, is simply not a fit in Kidd's offense like he was in Carlisle's. I think teams might actually want him if they think they can get the version from the last couple of seasons, and I think that version is gettable if he fits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by KillerLeft - 12-21-2021, 03:36 PM