Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
(12-21-2021, 02:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For me, how this situation is handled will reveal everything needed to form hopes for the next several years. 

There are a variety of potential good outcomes, but if what I think will happen actually happens, I'm probably done with hope for a while.

I'm struggling to see too many possible good outcomes.  Its hard to imagine they are going to go into the tax just to run this group back if they continue to struggle.  That means Brunson most likely needs to go.  I could seem them packaging Powell/Brunson for an expiring contract (and maybe a pick).  Then you should have enough room to sign DFS and use the full MLE for Brunson's replacement while staying under the tax.

IF they are willing to go into tax, its hard to imagine more than a full MLE signing and then paying whatever they have to for Brunson/DFS.  Not sure how much sense that makes if they don't make it out of the play-in this year.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by mvossman - 12-21-2021, 03:06 PM