Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
(12-21-2021, 01:08 PM)F Gump Wrote: I have never come close to saying Nico was/is 'making, "Look at me, I'm such a big man, I'm showing Cuban who's boss, he's not telling me what to do" kinds of statements.'

Since the question of authority to make decisions was on everyone's mind, he was repeatedly asked about that.

I guess you didn't read the rest of my answer. Which was, if he was in fact just answering a question as to whether he had the authority to make decisions incident to his job title, what else would he say than that he thinks he does?

On topic 2, Nico has given us the parameters of the job. We lack insight into the exact thought process of Cuban in why he would hire such an inexperienced guy and then trust him, but my guess is that part of that trust was the belief (based on what he knew of Nico) that if Nico didn't know the right answer, he would confer and defer to the knowledge of others, until such time as he didn't need to. So I believe from day one Nico has been given full authority to make the GM decisions, but he does the prudent thing anyone smart would do, and decides with the input of those around him (from Cuban on down) in order to come to the best path possible.
I'm not sure we're adding any new information at this point, FG. It seems like we just interpret the situation a little differently. It seems to me that --

You believe that Cuban has gotten religion and decided to hand off control of the enterprise (subject to normal owner oversight) to a guy who is unqualified, for reasons that make sense to him. 

I don't buy it. To my mind, Cuban has been the Jerry Jones of basketball, and I don't see any evidence whatever that he is acting any more like the other 29 owners with respect to distance from granular team operations, or otherwise changed his stripes. I also don't think he's dumb enough to cede control to a guy who is clearly unqualified, but I guess that could be debated. 

However, if he indeed has turned matters over to Nico to operate unsupervised, then that doesn't make me feel any better. So, whichever way it happened, it seems to me that this organization does not appear to be headed in a great direction. I hope I'm wrong. 

No problem with the disagreement. We can have differing views, and that should lead to more interesting discussions along the way. 

Thanks for the response.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by mavsluvr - 12-21-2021, 02:25 PM