Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
(12-21-2021, 01:19 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm simply commenting that I found his interview skills to be underwhelming (stylistically, for lack of a better word) in light of his professional background.

Porzingis, for contrast, routinely owns interviewers as if he's the smartest person in the room. He's naturally gifted in that area, apparently.

Good points, and pretty interesting conversation starter, imo. 

I don't have a problem with Nico or KP, stylistically, although I recognize that there are big differences in how they communicate. The big difference I think, is that KP has smoother annunciation and might be considered more articulate. But my opinion is that those differences don't necessarily tell us about either individual's intelligence or abilities, except for the ability to annunciate and articulate. 

In fact, I think KP's conversation skills may outpace his maturity and willingness or ability to understand and do what's best for the team (maybe). I hear the content of what Nico says (over several interviews) and think I hear things that give me hope about what's under the surface of the iceburg (and I could be wrong).  

Interestingly, Killer, I've thought about this topic before in a different conversation on this forum. We talked about Isaac Harris on Locked on Mavs one time. You weren't impressed mainly because of his manner of speech. His vocubulary isn't impressive and he has trouble spitting his words out. For some reason that doesn't bother me. I don't mind waiting for him to stumble over his words. But here's the interesting part. I think he knows basketball! I think he's basketball sharp. AND....he generally thinks like YOU do regarding basketball!!!  Big Grin You and Isaac are basketball bros. It's just that you're the articulate one.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by fifteenth - 12-21-2021, 02:01 PM