Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
(12-21-2021, 12:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I didn't get that impression at all. 

I was left with the impression of a careful and thoughtful man, who is slow to speak (but not "slow") and wants to make sure he says only what he wants to say in a public and national setting. Could he have been slightly nervous? I could see that. Being on an in-game broadcast is a strange social situation unlike any other.

P.S. He honestly comes across as MUCH smarter and more informed than Donnie to me.

You might be right about all of this. Not sure. 

I guess I just consider the PR skillset a huge part of the necessary GM bag of tricks. Hell, I could even be wrong about that in the first place, but if I'm not, then I just find it surprising that someone poached from the athletic wear branding world, someone supposedly used to fighting for superstar clients, wouldn't be a little more practiced in such situations. I just expected him to be much more "smooth" than he has seemed to me, so far. 

If he had a player evaluation background, like if he had been a video coordinator or a scout or something, I might expect things like interviews to be new for him. With his background I assumed he'd have the "snake oil salesman" part of the job down to a science already.

I'm not saying this is any reason for concern (other than the obvious concern we should all have with ANY unproven GM). It's just my honest takeaway from what we've seen, thrown into the pot for discussion.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by KillerLeft - 12-21-2021, 12:29 PM