Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
(12-21-2021, 12:42 AM)F Gump Wrote: I can offer one example of Nico acting just as he said - in how Bob (Cuban's buddy, even still) was handled. Is he staying? It was 'ask Nico.' When asked, Nico said he didn't know yet but would get to a decision later. Bob was on the outside of any action all summer, then he was let go when Nico had decided and was ready. In all of it, Nico made no waves, just went about his biz in his time and in his way. But it was all Nico's timing, and call.
Do you have some evidence that Nico fired Bob, other than Cuban telling a reporter to ask Nico whether Bob is staying? Bob's account of it is that he asked Cuban to let him out of his contract, and Cuban said no. So he was unable to talk to any other teams during the remainder of his contract. And that he wasn't fired, he asked to leave and just had to wait until his contract expired. I.e., that it wasn't Nico's timing (it was the expiration of the contract), it wasn't Nico's call (Bob decided to leave), and Bob dealt with Cuban on the matter, not Nico. I don't think I have ever seen Cuban, Nico, or Mavs PR try to refute that. 

(I don't doubt that Bob wanted out of his contract, considering that he probably realized, like Carlisle, that his position was going to be untenable. But I have never heard that that had anything to do with Nico.)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by mavsluvr - 12-21-2021, 08:24 AM