Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
(12-21-2021, 04:22 AM)Mapka Wrote: Can anybody explain to me, why it is so important who is making some decisions?

I think this is and was always a team providing the Infos and doing the operative things and Marc offering the philosophie and the last say in important decisions.

It's like this in every franchise.

Only difference to me is, that we show some loyality  to players who chose to be here, what I like.

Disagree. Don´t think any other team has a owner with a similar level of influence when it comes to roster decisions. For some teams it isn´t even possible because they have ownership groups.
There should be a clear hierarchy. Let the GM, coach, president of bball operations make the decisions they are hired to do and if things aren´t working out evaluate their performance. If necessary. Make changes. Don´t interfere.
That´s how the Mavs ended up in the mess they are right now. Maybe Donnie was the worst GM ever. We wouldn´t know because in the end he was just one of many advisers. Brings us back to the accountability topic. It requires clearly defined roles/jobs/authority in the front office.
Jeannie Buss isn´t making roster decisions in LA. But she is firing/hiring GMs (for example Magic Johnson) if things aren´t working out.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • fifteenth, mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by dirkfansince1998 - 12-21-2021, 04:40 AM