Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
(12-17-2021, 05:37 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Along this line of questioning, exec shoe salesmen deal with the very same agents GM’s deal with do they not? Is that not at least enough a part of the job to be respected and given a chance?
I think there is indeed some overlap in terms of the people a shoe exec and a GM deal with. However, it's not in the same capacity. A shoe exec dealing with an agent is trying to convince the agent that the shoe company can put more money into the player's pockets than other shoe companies. A GM dealing with an agent is playing a different role. 

Ordinarily, I would say that the fact that Nico has the job means he is being given a chance. And I think he is, as far as Cuban is willing to relinquish authority to him. If there are pieces of the job that Cubes doesn't want Nico to do, or doesn't want him to have primary authority over, I think he'll have to earn the chance, or maybe not even have a chance to earn it. 

I don't know why any other GM or agent would respect Nico's skills at roster construction. He has stated himself that he is not familiar with it. He knows a lot of the relevant people, but that doesn't mean they consider him a great builder of rosters. I assume that he is a good person, and that people who know him respect him for that.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by mavsluvr - 12-17-2021, 05:56 PM
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM