Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
(12-17-2021, 04:53 PM)fifteenth Wrote: You could be right, but I think it's too early to judge. I know you're decided about the "shoe salesmen", but I'll give him more time. :-)

BTW, how long do you have to be an exec at a shoe company to advance beyond "shoe salesman "?

LOL. Fair enough. I'm glad someone knows what the team's identity is. If I may ask, what is it?

Nico was in the business of selling shoes, was he not? Actually, since we don't know what Nico is specifically being asked to do at the Mavs, it's hard to say how much his lack of experience (while it lasts) will matter. The reports are that his primary assignment for now is to restructure the organization to operate more like an established business and less like a start-up. His experience as an executive might be very useful for that, and it would be a worthy objective. 

My concerns about Nico's lack of experience in roster construction are really a secondary set of issues. More fearsome to me is the possibility (likelihood?) that Cuban didn't care about that because Nico's responsibilities in that area might be more or less limited to glad-handing, and the intention is for Cubes to continue as the jefe where the roster is concerned.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by mavsluvr - 12-17-2021, 05:07 PM
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM