Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE
(12-17-2021, 01:32 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: It is going to be really interesting on how the manage preserving KP vs continuing to try to smash a square peg through a round hole.  This is going to be such a important need if we deem KP as a core player (either due to his play or unable to get good value in return).  That PF type is going to be extremely difficult to get.   I believe if they found that player, this team is not far off from contending.  The problem is they are really hard to find.   

Christian Wood is a difficult evaluation for me.  Both on the court and off.  But lets say you added him to this roster.  He is not the playmaker I would prefer, but he fits a lot of other boxes I like.    Would that type of player work with KP?   John Collins type player too.   Those may be the type of players we look to go all in in the next year- year and a half.   The rest of the roster would still need a few more tweaks such as another wing creator, but it would be close.

I really like Wood but I agree he is difficult to assess. We know we need a 3 point shooting guy next to KP, as long as they allow him to post up. I am affraid that all options with center (Sabonis also mentioned lately) will just not be good enough defensively, especially in the playoffs. I think a big wing is the guy they really should be playing next to KP. If they can't, then trade KP. Mavs don't have enough talent to get a respectable playoff spot playing suboptimal lineups.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IZTOK DIAGNOSES DECLINE OF MAVS OFFENSE - by omahen - 12-17-2021, 01:37 PM
Nico Would Absolutely Know This - by WildArkieBoy - 12-17-2021, 08:54 PM