Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship"
(12-15-2021, 04:22 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Quid pro quo.

Carlisle wanted out of the last year of his deal, no strings attached, and Cuban, already having decided that kid was the guy, judged (incorrectly) that a parting word from Carlisle in favor of Kidd would help it go over with fans and maybe even some players.

I highly doubt that Jamal Moseley was ever under any serious consideration.

Yes, that take has been around for a while, and I guess it makes as much sense as anything else. 

I still think that remark was the own goal that ignited all the negative stories about the Rick-Mosley dynamic, and I think Rick's willingness to publicly appear to put his thumb on the scale on the way out was beneath him. 

But, Rick has to feed his family like all of us, and if Cuban making him do this was really the price of cleanly getting out of his contract, maybe he figured that appearing to stoop to a lower ethical level was warranted in his personal situation. If Cuban really imposed this condition (and I'm not saying he didn't), it just emphasizes my visceral dislike of the sleazy way he does business.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship" - by mavsluvr - 12-15-2021, 04:41 PM