Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship"
(12-15-2021, 04:31 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I totally buy that this was their hope. But that's a long way from saying they were counting on him to be the franchise's next Dirk, which I don't remember anyone ever saying. 

Anyway, what was the point of this argument? To defend the idea that a story about a "former future franchise cornerstone" falling out of the rotation is worth telling? 

The story was presented as one about the dissolution of the relationship between Luka and Rick, not a story about why DSJ was a bust in Dallas. I actually don't question that that is a story worth telling, and if DSJ's falling out of the rotation was really an important factor in that, then by all means, let's hear it. I don't know whether that was really the case in anyone's mind but DSJ's, but you never know. I doubt if anyone besides DSJ is going to come out and confirm or deny it.
I never said he would be as good as Dirk, by the time DSJ was drafted even the most saltiest of Dirk haters knew he was a top 20 all-timer. A long-term high level starter is a franchise conerstone like how KP is supposed to be, doesnt mean they will get into the HOF but DSJ was drafted to be a high level performer for the franchise for years to come just like how KP is/was. The evaluation was just wrong
[-] The following 1 user Likes MangaAfterDark's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship" - by MangaAfterDark - 12-15-2021, 04:36 PM