Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER
(12-06-2021, 06:15 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: According to NBA.com´s tracking Luka leads the league in drawn double teams. On a percentage of possessions base and also in total per game. Mavs scoring effciency on those plays is mediocre.

I think another overlooked fact here is how exhausting it is fighting through double teams every possession. 

Seems clear to me the book on the Mavs is quite simple. 1. Go small and run. 2. Double team Luka because no one else will ever beat you. And 3. wear Luka down because he doesn't have the stamina to play well on both ends for 35mpg. 

I think problems 1 and 3 are relatively easy to fix if Kidd were to just play KP at the 5 and if Luka were to take his conditioning more seriously. Though that's a nitpick. Because if we solved problem 2, then problem 3 also gets solved. 

Gotta make a trade desperately. Need a CJ McCollum/Gordon Hayward type that can reliably be a secondary ball handler and a good enough scorer where teams can't just say "we're fine playing 4v3 because we don't respect 2 of the guys you have on the court"
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER - by SleepingHero - 12-07-2021, 10:06 AM