Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER
So I ran four men line-ups through NBA.com and the defensive ratings. Minimum 10 minutes played. In the top 25 line-ups:

Players appear:

Bullock 15
Ntilikina 12
Brunson 11
Porzingis 7
WCS 7
Kleber 6
THJ 6
Burke 6
DFS 5
S. Brown 5
Doncic 4
M. Brown 3
J. Green 3
Powell 2
Omoruyi 2
Boban 2

Now i know not all minutes are created equal in regards to the situations, level of opposition and team mates, but if Kidd has such a hard on, the question becomes why Omoruyi or M. Brown are not taking some of Powell´s minutes and J. Green is not taking some of S. Brown´s minutes. They have so few minutes, but still appear in as many impact defensive line-ups. Given that they are much younger and have more developmental potential, you´d think it would at least be worth a try.

If I open this up to five minutes together Josh Green´s number sky-rockets to 32% of the top 25 line-ups, while Lukas´s number drops to zero.

Don´t complain about not having any defensive players, when you don´t play your best defensive players. Or just flat out say that you need better players period that can play both ends of the floor.

I think this also tells me Luka needs to get better at the defensive end, but also that they have absolutely not found a defensive set-up with Luka that works and imho the answer to this question is that Luka is basically a PG on offense, but a PF on defense. For some weird reason Kidd continues to play with PF Powell, who contributes nothing on either end of the floor. Get him out of the starting five for a faster/smaller defensive player and you´ll see defensive improvment immediately imho.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER - by Mavs2021 - 12-06-2021, 05:25 PM