Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.0 pt RAPTOR & 8.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
43.75%
7 43.75%
Suns
56.25%
9 56.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 14: DAL (9-5) @ PHX (11-3) | 98-105 loss
(11-18-2021, 01:28 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Nearly 40 wasted minutes from Bollocks and Brown and the Mavs lose a hard fought game. Wasn’t that bad of a performance otherwise.

This is pretty much my exact take on it. 

I also think Kidd made a couple of mistakes in the fourth. Most notably:

I think he rested BOTH Brunson and KP a bit too long to start the quarter. 

I said after the Denver game that I was ok with DFS sitting to close that one, but tonight I thought he was playing well and probably needed to be out there. He did come back in, but much too late for my liking.

The only time I have felt like the offense has been “forced” through KP during this past 5-6 games was during the last 5 minutes of this game. I would much rather have seen Brunson or Hardaway doing their thing tonight down the stretch, personally. Even Burke or Ntilikina would’ve generated better possessions, I think. 

None of the above is meant to take away from some of the good things Kidd is doing, even in this, specific game. Just a few nitpicks I had. 

Overall, I think the Suns kept it close and then when it came time to win, their experience got the job done. They are a better team, especially when it comes to synergy and time together, so I’m happy the Mavs gave them this good of a fight. 

Bullock and WCS were both pretty terrible tonight, imo, but OMG was Ntilikina great! I think HE might be the best addition this season, which is nuts!
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Borkhan, fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 14: DAL (9-5) @ PHX (11-3) | 98-105 loss - by KillerLeft - 11-18-2021, 02:01 AM