Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WAIVER: Tyrell Terry waived by DAL
(10-16-2021, 12:00 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Im not trying to be negative towards you or Ty Terry by any means...

But could you please elaborate on the above bolded comment?

Im sorry if I am zeroing in on one comment and taking it too seriously, btw.

What do you mean by "could"?  Are you just saying that as a mathematical fact...as anyone has a sliver of a chance to be special at basketball?

What do you mean by "special"?   And what brings you to the "special" conclusion?

What kind of time frame are you thinking or were you thinking for "could' and "special" to become reality?

I am a complete casual...but Terry does not look like an NBA player to me at all.   From the limited minutes I saw him...the only thing I can say that I think he MIGHT have been special at was driving to the lane and after jumping towards the basket for a score...if there was traffic or defenders....he seemed decent at adjusting mid air and ducking under defender arms to try and score.  I dont know what you call that type of contorting play...but he was by no means Prime Derrick Rose or Ja Morant(both players do that mid air contorting for buckets).   

Anyway...the above badly described play was the only thing I saw Terry do a few times that he looked like he could be "special' at.   Or above average at.

I saw him pick up his dribble so so many times and kill a possession,  never saw him hit NBA threes at a special clip...not even good,  never saw special passing,  nothing special dribbling, never saw special IQ, never witnessed an above average or special feel for the game.

Are you suggesting he was used wrong here and he could have been special as a catch and shoot player?   Are you suggesting he is a few years away?  If so...a few years away from what exactly?

As a draft prospect, he was widely listed as the best shooter in the draft.  He shot about 41% from 3 at Stanford.  He had good court vision, passing, handles, and generally was considered a good PG prospect, that was young and needed to work on his body.  Many prognosticators (and fans) saw him in the line of the Curry/Young style of player.  While I wasn't quite that high on him, I thought he would be a six man type player for us to step into the role next season if we didn't want to pay brunson.  As a second round pick, with plus upside, that is a special pick to me.  The thing that sucks is that he had some mental issues where his talent was never able to play out here.  He opened summer league with a strong game and I generally thought he was going to show his talent this year.  He got injured in the second game, and then NOTHING...  Like I posted earlier, the Mavs have a better understanding of where he is, mentally, than we do.  If they cut him, he was not worth it.  

I am disappointed, and am just waiting for him to sign somewhere else and make us look silly.  I hope he turns out well, but yet again, it will be short sighted from the mavs.  Or he will disappear and they will be validated.  Forgive me if I am not all too trusting of the MBT on their player development at this point.  I just feel he was worth waiting for.  I could certainly be wrong - particularly with as little info as we have on his situation.  I wish him well.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
WAIVER: Tyrell Terry waived by DAL - by Kammrath - 10-15-2021, 09:26 PM
RE: WAIVER: Tyrell Terry waived by DAL - by Tyler - 10-15-2021, 09:35 PM
RE: WAIVER: Tyrell Terry waived by DAL - by Mavsfan12 - 10-16-2021, 02:19 PM
RE: WAIVER: Tyrell Terry waived by DAL - by Tyler - 10-15-2021, 10:05 PM
RE: WAIVER: Tyrell Terry waived by DAL - by Jym - 10-15-2021, 10:06 PM
RE: WAIVER: Tyrell Terry waived by DAL - by Jym - 10-15-2021, 10:10 PM
RE: WAIVER: Tyrell Terry waived by DAL - by MFFL - 10-15-2021, 11:42 PM
RE: WAIVER: Tyrell Terry waived by DAL - by cow - 10-16-2021, 03:51 PM
RE: WAIVER: Tyrell Terry waived by DAL - by Tyler - 10-15-2021, 10:41 PM
RE: WAIVER: Tyrell Terry waived by DAL - by MFFL - 10-18-2021, 05:24 PM