Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PRESEASON GAME 2: LAC (1-2) @ DAL (2-0) | 122-114 win
(10-08-2021, 10:25 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: The guy is unplayable in playoffs unless you need a quick defensive stop/weapon.  Love the kids effort and wish him the best...but he doesnt have NBA feel for the game.   Not even long term unless something miraculously clicks offensively with his dribbling, creation or shooting.

Define your short term/long term project deadlines.

Is he a short term or long term project?  And how far along is he in meeting your expectations?

He is most certainly a long term project. I'd put an arbitrary 3-5 year length of the project just based on other success stories. The one thing I wanted him to add over the summer was just a bit more aggression on the offensive end. Every time he catches the ball he looks like a deer in the headlights. 

I also wanted him to come back with at least somewhat of a 3pt shot. ~33-35% was my goal for him.

So far he looks to be more of the same on the offensive end compared to last year, where he disappears for long stretches of time and doesn't seem to want to be apart of the play. His shot doesn't look much different, though he hasn't really attempted too many since again his timidness. 

Defensively he's still superb. He gives 100% and moves his feet well.

So year 2 he still looks incredibly raw. It's hard to imagine everything starts to click for him in the short term. I'm going to revaluate near March and see if he's still more of the same or if he's at least somewhat improved.

In any case the Mavs are ready to take the next leap. Green doesn't seem to be ready for that, so I'm ready to use him in a trade package to achieve that goal.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 2: LAC (1-2) @ DAL (2-0) | 122-114 win - by SleepingHero - 10-09-2021, 06:08 PM