Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PRESEASON GAME 2: LAC (1-2) @ DAL (2-0) | 122-114 win
I enjoyed the game last night.  Entertaining.  

I loved how we involved KP in the offense.  And he was good protecting the rim.  He looks much more free out there.  My concern is how a good shooting team spreads Dallas out with KP and Powell out there.  Although if KP can get those early transition post ups against smaller players that could help teams going all small. 

Eugene was excellent.   He looks to have a nice feel to his game.   He is an older rookie but his game is also mature for a rookie.   

I thought Green was much better last night.   Even when he was blocked at the rim, I want him to be aggressive when given the chance.  I disagree with those who say he has no feel for the game.  I think his feel is good for such a young and raw player.    Where he needs to get better at is open three point shooting and creating offense off the dribble.   He is a good passer but if he is not a guy who can run a pick an role and create for himself that passing ability is muted.   I expect his three point shooting will be below average for the next year or two, but it is not as bad as his percentage showed last year.   

Carlik Jones with another solid game.  Lets see if he can keep on taking advantage of his opportunities.

Trey Burke and WCS are NBA players but at this point I would not be bummed if we moved on from either.  WCS is more of a risk to losing as he could potentially get rotation minutes this year.   But if everyone is healthy, are you looking at a 10 minute a game player?   Eugene may be able to provide more flexibility to the roster instead of keeping another big.   For instance if KP is out, would Eugene or WCS be more valuable to the team?   Although it has only been two preseason games.  Burke will probably not get rotation minutes so could you use Carlik as a emergency 2-way guy when needed if you found a way to clear up a space or two?   

I think Moses Brown development is worth an end of the roster spot.  

I like Powell and maybe this is unfair but the defense certainly looked worse when he was the sole big man in the second half.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 2: LAC (1-2) @ DAL (2-0) | 122-114 win - by Chicagojk - 10-09-2021, 08:15 AM