Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jalen Brunson and Dorian Finney-Smith are eligible for 4-year, $55 million extensions
(10-01-2021, 12:19 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: If Nico could somehow change this philosophy it would be huge.  In my view Brunson is a perfect example - a player good enough to get something back in trade and probably talented enough to take on a bigger role than what he would be able to have on the Mavs.  Seems like a trade would be a win/win for both the player and the team.

It might not be a problem with the overall philosophy of these situations. It might be as simple as reaching an earlier consensus from the top to the bottom of the organization on what, exactly, the answer is to the emboldened. 

When it comes to Brunson, specifically, I feel like the whole organization believes in his talent but there might be differing viewpoints on whether or not his role here can increase. I'll speculate further and say that I bet disagreements about things like that are not uncommon in pro sports organizations. It's probably quite difficult to get everyone on the same page, especially ownership.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jalen Brunson and Dorian Finney-Smith are eligible for 4-year, $55 million extensions - by KillerLeft - 10-01-2021, 12:49 PM