Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 117, Spurs 110
(11-20-2019, 10:45 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Yeah then we disagree. He can easily dunk, it's just not his preferred way of playing. He has elit deceleration and lateral quickness. He is also plenty fast for his size.
Players relying on skill are not necessarily less athletic.

He has a good frame and can easily add muscle. If he further improved his diet and reduces video gaming he will improve even more.

He isn't even in his physical prime yet and in Europe athletic training comes after skill training so expect his realized athleticism to increase.

I'm sorry to say it but that Luka isn't athletic is an American bias.
First the bolded: Sure Luka can dunk, what 6'7" NBA player can't? That has nothing to do with what I said. The kind of athleticism it takes to get within 10' of the rim and dunk it in traffic is not what Luka possesses. If he were to possess that kind of athleticism, he would be even more otherworldly. Once again, good news is, he doesn't have to.

Everything you just said talks about him having the ability to gain athleticism, that doesn't speak to what he has right now. Look, compared to me and you, every guy in the NBA is "athletic", but compared to his peers, he "doesn't have athleticism". Good news is needing athleticism is still a myth. 

Steve Nash excelled on lower than average athleticism, and when he left Dallas and got serious about his diet and working out, his athleticism did increase, but he was still not as athletic as his peers. Crafty is the word to describe these types of guys. 

Sorry Luka doesn't have "everything", doesn't suck that he doesn't though.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 117, Spurs 110 - by ItsGoTime - 11-20-2019, 11:05 AM