Posts: 10,706
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 3,632 in 2,007 posts
Likes Given: 2,163
Likes Received: 3,632 in 2,007 posts
Likes Given: 2,163
Joined: Sep 2019
(05-28-2023, 07:08 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Keeping it as it is will make it hard to find things. You don't need everything thing to be individualized for ex, Roster Talk , and Mavs news are primarily the same thing. Eliminate one. Keep the FA and draft threads, Around the NBA, as well as Trades. Get rid of making a separate thread to announce a trade that was made. That belongs in Around the NBA or trades thread.
I don't mind merging a couple of mega threads.
I like separate threads for trades one they actually happen. In that case I think it makes sense to focus conversation on that specific trade. In case of rumors - it is just too many of them and I don't see any point of having separate threads for them.
Posts: 7,825
Threads: 72
Likes Received: 1,771 in 1,227 posts
Likes Given: 2,772
Likes Received: 1,771 in 1,227 posts
Likes Given: 2,772
Joined: Sep 2019
I will say, I don’t enjoy reading the same tweet posted in multiple threads as someone who reads everything posted on the board.
Posts: 7,825
Threads: 72
Likes Received: 1,771 in 1,227 posts
Likes Given: 2,772
Likes Received: 1,771 in 1,227 posts
Likes Given: 2,772
Joined: Sep 2019
We can hammer out a way to make it work and then post an Organization Structure post in the Announcements section to go with the lonely Forum Rules.
Posts: 20,882
Threads: 697
Likes Received: 10,412 in 5,544 posts
Likes Given: 6,338
Likes Received: 10,412 in 5,544 posts
Likes Given: 6,338
Joined: Sep 2019
Everyone has spoken.
In the coming months we'll try to slowly integrate more individual threads into our organization and do away with mega threads. Now, for those mega-thread lovers don't fret, there will still be at least 1-2.
As many have suggested, a season-long mega thread for around the NBA news is useful (and I agree). A mega thread that is themed with the particular topic of the time (I.E. Draft, FA+Trades) should also still be around.
This wasn't meant to be a drastic change! But instead a check in to see if we're all liking what we're doing. In the meantime don't be afraid to start new topics on the main board.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.