MavsBoard
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS (/showthread.php?tid=56)

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Jason Terry - 05-29-2021

Kemba straight up would be a minimum level of return we could get regardless of what happens

Still thinking the most obvious fair return would be Turner and Warren(w/KP to a 3rd team) 

What are the chances KP pulls a Rondo and quits on the team in the playoffs? I’d say ~20% chance that last game we play this season KP leaves early through the tunnel

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - DrMav - 05-29-2021

(05-29-2021, 01:01 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I watched this game at a bar (sorry if that's why they lost, @DrMav)
Well at least we were able to identify the problem and know the solution.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - StepBackJay - 05-29-2021

Kemba would be terrible return for KP.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - StepBackJay - 05-29-2021

Maybe Wiggins plus Minney is the deal. Simple enough and works for both teams.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Kammrath - 05-29-2021

(05-29-2021, 07:59 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Kemba would be terrible return for KP.

Almost ANYTHING else is better than Kemba at this point.

(05-29-2021, 08:27 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Almost ANYTHING else is better than Kemba at this point.

Kemba is just a dump player even though he has talent. KP is not a dump guy, worst case you could trade him for space or smaller pieces. He is clearly a talented player. People think he's total trash but it's just not the case.

What is the case is that he's a defensively liability and doesn't bring enough to the offense outside of floor spacing. If I could get Turner for KP I would be pulling the trigger on that so fast. Mavs can win a championship if they have a big that can defend the paint and has fast enough feet to cover the perimeter.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ClutchDirk - 05-29-2021

https://i.redd.it/1xb9ww1bqz171.jpg

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - MFFL - 05-29-2021

I was waiting until after the playoffs to decide if I still liked KP on the roster

The early results aren't good

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - HAguiar95 - 05-29-2021

(05-29-2021, 08:01 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Maybe Wiggins plus Minney is the deal. Simple enough and works for both teams.

Don't think GSW trades him straight up. Gotta lower our expectations on his value.

Kemba + '21 BOS 1st;

Vucevic + Aminu;

WCJ + Harris;

Hield + Bagley;

Is where I have his value. Neutral at best. Teams know he's an odd fit here and will try to get him cheap.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 05-29-2021

(05-28-2021, 11:14 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Cannot wait for the excuses. Just move on. His trade value won´t increase. It is getting worse.
Not worse than what you've been campaigning it is/was. There will still be a market for him, it might not be as much as hoped for with a healthy and good playoff performance. 

Also, there's at least 3 more games to be played if we lose, at least 2 more if we win. That's enough games to get things back on track for him. All I ask is a performance like game 2 from here on out.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ItsGoTime - 05-29-2021

(05-29-2021, 09:05 AM)HAguiar95 Wrote: Don't think GSW trades him straight up.
I don't see that at all and really think GSW would be the most ideal landing spot for him where he'll get Green in his face when he's not putting up the effort as well as coaching him to be better. There was an article about Looney and Green putting on a pick camp for the whole Warriors team this year cause Looney saw that the team was not doing it well at all. KP could for sure benefit from that!

At this point, I think GSW and Wizards are the 2 most likely landing spots for him (esp since they were already the rumored teams interested and the ones that put on the full court press in the papers to get him at the TDL). I think the others mentioned are dark horse candidates that might get in the mix.

I've always been in camp trade him this summer after a great playoff series showing and ending healthy. My reasons are sliding to fit issues more as the games keep coming and he performs like he has.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Scott41theMavs - 05-29-2021

(05-29-2021, 07:27 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: Kemba straight up would be a minimum level of return we could get regardless of what happens

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - ClutchDirk - 05-29-2021

https://i.redd.it/mwknf7gwlz171.jpg

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Tikkun Olam - 05-29-2021

(05-21-2021, 06:15 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't think Turner and Warren is a good enough return for KP. It depends on how the Mavs are feeling ab KP and what his market is. Turner and Warren at least are two good players that fit what the Mavs want to do, so there's that.

With no obvious holes I would try to operate over the cap and just beat teams with depth. We have killed J Rich all year but if you are over the cap then he is probably worth keeping on a deal that you can always move later. With MLE you can add another piece or two. I think McDermott will go for more than MLE but you could try to get someone of that quality. You can never have enough shooters.

Rotation would be:

Luka/Brunson
THJ/Rich/MLE guard or wing
DFS/Warren
Powell/WCS
Turner/Maxi

I think Turner and Warren is an excellent return for KP.

So unless the Mavs win the Finals at some point Mavs will get bounced and KP will be the scapegoat. Now if Mavs beat the Clips then they will have still met or exceeded expectations so there won't be as much pressure to make a trade.

If Mavs do survive the Clips (odds are still on their side) then KP will probably have an easier match up with Gobert.

For Rick he will only care ab winning not keeping KP happen even if KP gets his minutes cut this series.

All that to say KP will get the blame and he is the odd man out anyway so seems to me that a trade is inevitable.

He is not a trash player or anything like that. People are totally overreacting. He will get a good return.

https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1398637919708004352

(05-29-2021, 12:33 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1398637919708004352
Going to an LA club. That's gonna get expensive if Mark has to charter a flight to LA before every game!

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - dirkfansince1998 - 05-29-2021

Finally people are coming aroud.
Talking about his value. It only takes one team/GM/coach that is willing to give it a try. That said. He is a net negative. And what we saw in the last game was not an outlier it was exactly what many of us predicted. Max contract, net negative and injury-prone is not a good combination.
Just a few days ago I argued that "playoff P" is the better and more valuable player. I guess PG answered that question. At one point posters refused the Wiggins + Minny offer. Fast forward and Wiggins has been the better player this season. Why should the Warrior add a pick? Now some posters are saying that he doesn´t belong in the Wall/Griffin/Love category. My advise. Don´t wait and test the theory. Trade him ASAP.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 05-29-2021

^ That Paul George discussion made me feel like I was on reddit.

RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - Mavs2021 - 05-29-2021

(05-29-2021, 12:31 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: So unless the Mavs win the Finals at some point Mavs will get bounced and KP will be the scapegoat. Now if Mavs beat the Clips then they will have still met or exceeded expectations so there won't be as much pressure to make a trade.

If Mavs do survive the Clips (odds are still on their side) then KP will probably have an easier match up with Gobert.

For Rick he will only care ab winning not keeping KP happen even if KP gets his minutes cut this series.

All that to say KP will get the blame and he is the odd man out anyway so seems to me that a trade is inevitable.

He is not a trash player or anything like that. People are totally overreacting. He will get a good return.

It´s inevitable. Cuban is a media master manipulator. I´m 90% that he only acquired Redick for his podcast, a PR stunt like Satnam or Sarge. He is especially tight with Bill Simmons, who mentions that Porzingis is a poor fit in Dallas in every single podcast like it is a paid commercial.

The problem is that the MBT will execute the Porzingis trade.